Arts Camp on Broad Creek in Royal Oak, Maryland – Arts, Song and Dance in a beautiful waterfront setting on the Eastern Shore.
Photos of the property and of past camps available HERE:
One-week camp from August 11-17, 2019
For 12-14 year-old girls.
Arrival: Sunday, 1:30-3:30 pm – allowing time to settle in, take a swim, before our first activity (Families are welcome to stay until 8:30 pm. RSVP with numbers 4 days in advance.)
Departure: Friday, after 11:30am program and 12:00pm lunch. Families are invited to join us for as much of the day as possible. Details to follow.
$875 pays for tuition, field trips, room and board, artist workshops, materials, etc (+$50 for Ukulele/tuner if needed). See below for breakdown of costs.
* Scope of activities
The primary focus will be on the visual arts, with a healthy dose of song and dance, outdoor activities, and field trips!
- Visual arts: mosaics, decoupage, jewelry-making, potholder weaving, photography
- Singing and Music-making (*campers encouraged to bring instruments!): international song and dance, songwriting workshops, learning ukulele
- Field Trips: artist studios, ferry rides to historic Oxford, and ice cream cones in the park
- Outdoors fun: bicycling, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and cairn building!
- Other activities: theater, spoken word poetry, group games, international baking & cooking, and fun evening pastimes*.
*If there are musicians in the group, there will be opportunities for ensemble work. In addition to ukulele, we can also offer instruction in lap dulcimer, banjo, autoharp, piano.
*Evening activities will include singing, international dance, games, movies, readings, visit to Deep Neck Farm and the horses, a picnic and outdoor concert in St. Michaels.
* Field Trips
Visits to local artists’ studios, Oxford-Bellevue Ferry to historic Oxford and ice cream cones in the waterside park, Deep Neck Farm, Academy Art Museum, Avalon Theatre, as time permits.
$875 Breakdown: $500 Tuition: workshops with professional teaching artists, 6 days, 14 hrs/day planned activities; $55 Activity fee: art supplies, field trips; $180 Room ($30 x 6 nights); $140 Board (18 meals: Sunday – Saturday + snacks)
Discount Offers: 10% discount for 2nd family member
5% early bird discount (pay before March 1, 2019)
Deposit of $437.50 required with application. Full payment due on June 1.
NOTE: Flexible payment options (i.e. extended over 6 months), and in some cases, partial barter arrangements can be considered.
Limited funds available for financial aid.