Summer Arts Camp on Broad Creek in Royal Oak, MD
Visual, literary and performing arts and outdoor activities on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, near Easton, St. Michaels and Oxford.
PHOTOS from 2019 CARPE DIEM ARTS SLEEP-AWAY CAMP HERE
PHOTOS from 2018 CARPE DIEM ARTS SLEEP-AWAY CAMP HERE
Visit ShoreRetreatsOnBroadCreek.org for more photos of property.
* See details below — re. August 2-8, 2020 Camp: Sleep-Away Camp for 10-13 year-old girls on Eastern Shore (90+ minutes from DC area–between Easton and St. Michaels)
* Cost: $875 (details below)
Sunday, August 2, 3pm — to Saturday, August 8, 3pm
Arrival: Sunday, 2:00-4:00 pm – allowing time to settle in, take a swim, before our first activity at 4:30pm. Families are welcome to stay until 6:00pm.
Departure: Saturday, 3pm, after potluck lunch at 1pm, art exhibit, performance at 2pm. Families are invited to join us starting at 12 noon.
See below for breakdown of costs.
* Scope of activities: The primary focus is on the visual arts, with a healthy dose of song and dance, outdoor activities, and field trips!
• Visual arts: mosaics, decoupage, jewelry-making, potholder weaving, photography
• Singing and Music-making (*campers encouraged to bring instruments!): international song and dance, songwriting workshops, learning ukulele
• Field Trips: artist studios, ferry rides to historic Oxford, and ice cream cones in the park
• Outdoors fun: bicycling, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and cairn building!
• Other activities: theater, spoken word poetry, group games, international baking & cooking, and fun evening pastimes*.
*If there are musicians in the group, there will be opportunities for ensemble work. In addition to ukulele, we can also offer instruction in lap dulcimer, autoharp, banjo, and piano, if there is interest.
* Evening activities will include singing, international dance, games, movies, readings, visit to Deep Neck Farm and horses, a picnic and outdoor concert at Muskrat Park in St. Michaels.
* Field Trips: Visits to local artists’ studios, Oxford-Bellevue Ferry to historic Oxford and ice cream cones in the waterside park, Deep Neck Farm, Academy Art Museum, Avalon Theatre, as time permits.
* Cost: $875
$510 Tuition — workshops with professional teaching artists, 6.5 days, 14 hrs/day of planned activities
$45 for art supplies and field trip
Discount Offers: 10% discount for 2nd family member
5% early bird discount (pay before March 1, 2020)
* * * * *
Deposit of $437.50 required with application
5% discount before March 1 = $415; Balance of $415 due on June 1
Full payment due on June 1.
NOTE: Flexible payment options (i.e. extended over 6 months), and in some cases, partial barter arrangements can be considered.
Limited funds available for financial aid. For more info contact BusyGraham@carpediemarts.org
* * * * *
Space is limited (maximum 14 overnight campers)
MORE INFO: BusyGraham@CarpeDiemArts.org / 301-466-0183