The Aug 4-9, 2019 CAMP WEEK IS FULL.
Contact BusyGraham@CarpeDiemArts.org if you would like to be placed on the wait list.
* * * * * *
Arts Camp on Broad Creek in Royal Oak, MD
Arts, Song and Dance in a beautiful waterfront setting on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
PHOTOS from 2018 CARPE DIEM ARTS SLEEP-AWAY CAMP HERE
PHOTOS from 2017 CARPE DIEM ARTS SLEEP-AWAY CAMP HERE
PHOTOS from earlier camp years HERE
Visit www.ShoreRetreatsOnBroadCreek.wordpress.com for more photos of property.
* Details re. August 4-9, 2019 Camp:
Sleep-away Camp for 10-12 year-old girls on Eastern Shore (90+ mins from DC area)
Sunday afternoon, August 4 to Friday evening, August 9, 2019.
Arrival: Sunday, 1:30-3:30 pm – allowing time to settle in, take a swim, before our first activity (Families are welcome to stay until 8:30 pm — RSVP with numbers 4 days in advance)
Departure: Friday, after performance and art exhibit, supper and sunset with families. Families are invited to join us for as much of the afternoon and evening as possible. Details to follow.
$750 pays for tuition, field trips, room and board, artist workshops, materials, etc (+$50 for Ukulele/tuner if needed). See below for breakdown of costs.
* Scope of activities: The primary focus is on the visual arts, with a healthy dose of song and dance, outdoor activities, and field trips!
- Visual arts: mosaics, decoupage, jewelry-making, potholder weaving, photography
- Singing and Music-making (*campers encouraged to bring instruments!): international song and dance, songwriting workshops, learning ukulele
- Field Trips: artist studios, ferry rides to historic Oxford, and ice cream cones in the park
- Outdoors fun: bicycling, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and cairn building!
- Other activities: theater, spoken word poetry, group games, international baking & cooking, and fun evening pastimes*.
*If there are musicians in the group, there will be opportunities for ensemble work. In addition to ukulele, we can also offer instruction in lap dulcimer, autoharp, banjo, and piano, if there is interest.
*Evening activities will include singing, international dance, games, movies, readings, visit to Deep Neck Farm and horses, a picnic and outdoor concert at Muskrat Park in St. Michaels.
* Field Trips:Visits to local artists’ studios, Oxford-Bellevue Ferry to historic Oxford and ice cream cones in the waterside park, Deep Neck Farm, Academy Art Museum, Avalon Theatre, as time permits.
* * * * *Cost: $750
$425 Tuition — workshops with professional teaching artists, 5.5 days, 14 hrs/day planned activities
$45 for art supplies and field trip
Discount Offers: 10% discount for 2nd family member 5% early bird discount (pay before March 1, 2019)
\* * * * *
Deposit of $375 required with application (5% discount before March 1).
Full payment due on June 1.
NOTE: Flexible payment options (i.e. extended over 6 months), and in some cases, partial barter arrangements can be considered.
Limited funds available for financial aid.
* * * * *
Space is limited (maximum 14 overnight campers)
NOTE: As of March 2019, the camp is full.
If you would like to be placed on the wait list, please → Register Here
MORE INFO: BusyGraham@CarpeDiemArts.org / 301-466-0183